Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Great Sea Wall Escapade!

A lazy Sunday morning.  The sun’s finally out.  Despite the endless To Do list, I told myself “Nope, I’m not going to be enslaved today! I’m taking a real time off!”  Lucky for me, my husband must’ve thought the same, so without much planning, off we went for a super spontaneous day that started with a cup of coffee at our favorite coffee shop on Libertad Market. 
Without anything on the itinerary, my husband suddenly decided to go to Punta Taytay, the local Sunday and summer destination of the City of Smiles.  We joined up with Owen’s good friend Giant and his wife Chona who were already at the very in-demand lounge of the Sea Wall eatery. 

We had a superb lunch; local oysters for me, grilled pork chops, adobo (courtesy of our friends, Giant and Chona) and the yummy grilled chorizo.  As we gorged ourselves on the gastronomic feast, the oysters overflowed, as Geraldine and Lovely, both 13, masterfully opened the oysters in front of our very eyes.  It was heaven!
After the foodfest, we found ourselves involuntarily relaxing and enjoying the breeze.  It seemed that the waves forced us not to think and instead reminded us to leave the stress of the bustling city for a while and just delight ourselves in what Mother Nature can offer.
While my hubby busied himself taking pictures, I just sat there appreciating the scenery, reminiscing the better days of Punta Taytay which was a major factor of my happy childhood.  I would find myself smiling while looking at the children skip and mess around with the waves.  I used to be one of them.  I would play with the sand, make new friends and demanded ice pop from my dad!  Ah!  That was the life! The difference however is the beach was then more health-friendly. 
Seeing the smile on these faces reminded me that it’s not the place or the extravagant spending that really makes a weekend getaway special.  It’s how we appreciate what is available and making the most of it all.
Staying there for more or less five hours indeed provided us the much needed relief we so longed for , after the stressful weeks that came by.
I am not sure if I’ll be going back there very soon but one thing I’m pretty sure of, I know Punta Taytay will always be part of my itinerary whenever I feel the need for a good R & R.







4 comments:

  1. you know what, i've never been to that eatery in sea wall...i would love to have a nice foodadventure there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have good chorizo cath, it's just that we finished them first before Owen decided to do the food shot! hahahaha. He even ate my share, can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm thinking of talaba gid...hmmm namet ah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In fairness mas gusto ko man ang talaba. Saburoso man tuod ang sisi pero la-in gid ya kung talaba e. :D

    ReplyDelete