Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm MOVIN OUT!

http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/


From a convenient account that I belonged to for 1 year and a half, a bomb exploded last Wednesday confirming that I am to be transferred to the “hardest of the hardest”, an account that I dare not mention but brings chills especially to those who depend on their jobs for bread and butter. The moment we heard of the inevitable, I think it was only me and my friend maintained composure.  The rest? Red-faced, some blue, teary-eyed, tongue-tied,  terrified, lost. The bottomline? RESISTANCE!
As for me, it took me like 12 hours before all sunk in like crazy! Good thing I survived with the support of my husband and friends.
My auto mantra was “change is good…” I had to repeat it like a gazillion times to stay pacified.
Nevertheless, I had to move on and embrace the lonely truth. I am leaving an account that guaranteed easy access to a perfect scorecard, surrounded by friends (most of them I emotionally adopted) and of course the “tax savior”, my 7-hour night differential.
Monday came and training started. I figured it wasn’t that bad at all. Knowledge overload? Yes. Incentive? Promising. Fun co-trainees? Absolutely! I guess there is a silver lining after all.
To my previous account, it has been one of my greatest career pleasures ever. To my babies from both  PHD and MemServ, you will be forever in my heart. . Some of you may have ran to me for guidance but I want you all to know that I myself learned from every sensible conversation that I had with all of you. To my mentors, thank you for the guidance, encouragement and support, you are all amazing. HAPPY THOUGHTS!
Moving forward to my new account is easy with all the support I am getting from family and friends and also to the benefit that my new home could offer that I refused heavily on the past week.
Change is good. It always offers pros and cons since nothing can be perfect anyway so expectations should always be balanced. I am going to keep a balanced outlook for the month’s training and I’ll just give it my best shot.

“The only constant is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be.”
— Isaac Asimov

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit! If they had to put you in the "hardest of the hardest," it most likely means they know you can nail it. :) Happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete