Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Hand That Rocked My World



When I try to look back on the very first memory that I can recall, all I could remember was my sweet smile and endless giggles. Occasional spanking would come and go but I remember a certain grin every time I push and attempt to get away with something.

Growing up was easy for I was well provided with the necessities and would occasionally get simple indulgences even when the budget was tied at some point.

Accomplishments were always possible because of that certain presence of support. I bet I had a number one fan to motivate me to do more. All in all, I can say that I was nurtured with a stern yet graceful being who didn’t mind becoming part of the sidelines.  

I patronized the notion that freedom is equal to rebellion for I can do anything I could possibly want yet I was understood and loved unconditionally. I have lambasted a heart that just wanted me to be secure, dignity intact.

I chose another ally who may have taught me a lot too yet not realizing that the unnecessary alienation brought tears of sadness in a heart that only wanted love, recognition, respect and loyalty.

Wrong choices slapped me like crazy that I have become numb with the endless counts of bad consequences and even if I may feel alone, crying on my own, I know it’s not true because someone was crying with me. Chances were indirectly thrown at me and made me realize that I just have to move on and straighten up my crooked life.

I am far from being a perfect child but the compassion of a forgiving being made me believe I can still reform and straighten up a crooked life.

A million thanks will never suffice. So, every single day, I try to give back, in an attempt to show that I have changed. Time may never be enough but it’s worth giving it my best shot.

To the hand that rocked my world, I salute you for everything that you have done. I know I could never be like you but I will strive to become even an ounce of you for my children’s sake. 

I love you mommy.
Happy Mothers’ Day…

Little

No comments:

Post a Comment